Use this forum to flag up examples of red tape and gold plate
By chevvron
I don't think it has anything to do with the Phenom accident.
The microlight school, Clearprop, has been bought (the Redlands operation too) by someone who has seen fit to close down the Blackbushe 'branch' no doubt leaving several disgruntled students. Someone on Facebook (don't subscribe so I know nothing about it nor do I want to) has added 2 + 2 and made an incorrect assumption.
I've been trying to ascertain who it is that's bought the school without success; the website is still running and still advertising instruction at Blackbushe.
Going by what's happened to other airfields, my guess is that Redlands arfield has been bought by a property developer.(but I hope not)
No doubt this will now appear on this Facebook thing as 'fact'.
townleyc liked this
By Lee Savell
I witnessed a resident c24 fly out of BB last weekend.

I would suggest just hearsay.
By chevvron
Blackbushe owners (Blink) apparently will be banning microlights from 1 July so get in there quick :D .
Fairoaks will still be available to 3-axis microlights after this date :clap: .
By Groundspeed
I'll not rush myself, the idea of spending anything at a place with that attitude would gall me.

Funny that at North Weald jets and micro have mingled without problem for years. The only problem seeming those that fly massive circuits way outside that which is recomended (seldom either jets or micros)
By chevvron
Groundspeed wrote:I'll not rush myself, the idea of spending anything at a place with that attitude would gall me.

Funny that at North Weald jets and micro have mingled without problem for years. The only problem seeming those that fly massive circuits way outside that which is recomended (seldom either jets or micros)

Wonder if Blink considered reinstating the grass strip at the western end of Blackbushe for microlights?