Use this forum to flag up examples of red tape and gold plate
So I have lived in the UK for almost 61 years, had a licence for more than 30 years, lots of hours and ratings which require examiner paperwork. I hold a ROCC, the test for which is conducted in English.

I moved house, so to keep things honest and tidy did an on-line change of address. Allegedly a free of charge adjustment.

Except it's been declined on account of the fact that my CAA records don't have a language proficiency assessment. Find an examiner. Pay £45.

Of course it isn't worth arguing about. Just another cost of taking to the air. But astonishingly silly and costly for the CAA to have a policy which would rather have erroneous records than accept a simple fact. A total failure of common sense. A ROCC certificate says "...competence to operate VHF radiotelephony equipment and exchange spoken messages in the aeronautical radio services" but this is not sufficient for the FCL team to accept I have enough proficiency to operate the airborne equipment.

PS Yes, I thought long time licence holders have so called "grandfather" rights, but although I am old to be one, they don't apply.
tr7v8 liked this