Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
low&slow wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:A fair few instructors are also examiners and any flight with them, signed off is a proficiency check.

Frank, that's not really true. A BGA examiner is not the same thing as an EASA sailplane examiner & an EASA proficiency check is not just "any flight with an examiner".

You're making assumptions here.

Gliding happens in other parts of EASA-land too.
By riverrock
Sig blocks appear either depending on screen size or on one version of screen size there is a "toggle signature block" option at the top of the page. Looks like no option to view them on the smallest screen size.
By low&slow
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
low&slow wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:A fair few instructors are also examiners and any flight with them, signed off is a proficiency check.

Frank, that's not really true. A BGA examiner is not the same thing as an EASA sailplane examiner & an EASA proficiency check is not just "any flight with an examiner".

You're making assumptions here.

Gliding happens in other parts of EASA-land too.

It's no presumption to state that "any flight" with an examiner, whether signed off or not, is not the same as a proficiency check for the purpose of meeting the recency requirements of an LAPL, not for gliding or powered flight.
By Kingdom
Hello,
I would be delighted if you could assist with a question regarding your previous answer on the LAPL Recency Requirements.
I am out of currency, not having flown fixed wings since 2016. I'm considering going down the 2nd option route of fulfilling the normal rolling requirements as shown below:
(1) at least 12 hours of flight time as PIC, including 12 take-offs and landings;
and
(2) refresher training of at least 1 hour of total flight time with an instructor.

My question is: If the instructor flies with me during any of all of the 12 hours PIC flights will that also suffice for the Item 2 Refresher Training of 1 hour with the same instructor? If that is so, this in effect will mean that I don't have to fly a further hour.

Thank you in advance.
James
By low&slow
Yes.

Your (1) and (2) aren't quite right. It should be
(1) they have completed at least 12 hours of flight time as PIC or flying dual or solo under the supervision of an instructor, including:
— 12 take-offs and landings;
— refresher training of at least 1 hour of total flight time with an instructor;

so the 1 hour p/ut can be part of the 12 hours.
By GAFlyer4Fun
For someone that has not flown for many years, I thought there was a time limit on being able to simply do a revalidation where the authorities assume too much of the knowledge/skill may have been forgotten.

FCL.140 (b)(2)(ii) mentions three years. It would be daft if that applied to an EASA PPL but not a LAPL flying the same aircraft type.
JAFO liked this
By skydriller
GAFlyer4Fun wrote: It would be daft if that applied to an EASA PPL but not a LAPL flying the same aircraft type.

When was anything in aviation licencing ever logical... Eg a UK-PPL not being legal to fly G-Reg anyone...??? :roll:
By low&slow
The requirement for additional training applies to lapsed ratings (AMC to FCL.740.) There are no ratings on an LAPL so no mandated retraining at an ATO/DTO, just comply with the recency requirements. If necessary, all of the 12 hours can be p/ut, as long as the 12 take offs & landings are flown by the p/ut.