Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By low&slow
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:A fair few instructors are also examiners and any flight with them, signed off is a proficiency check.

Frank, that's not really true. A BGA examiner is not the same thing as an EASA sailplane examiner & an EASA proficiency check is not just "any flight with an examiner".
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
(a) Holders of an LAPL (A) shall only exercise the privileges of their licence when the have completed, in the last 24 months, as pilots of aeroplanes or TMG:

For the avoidance of doubt (i.e. my doubt!) does that mean the hours, etc., can be done in either an "aeroplane" or a TMG? (That is, if you fly both, as I do, they all count equally.)
By Dave W
Yes, assuming TMG endorsement on the licence.

Have a look at the link in my signature block "Class Rating Reval. by Experience PDF"

(Produced with much help from these forums, especially from Irv)
By Irv Lee
y'see having met and heard every confused thought possible from pilots' understandings of the LAPL, I would have started that with 'no, unless'! ;-)
When it comes down to it, pilots and regulators are not reading and writing - and in fact not thinking - in the same language. I have heard every combination of "what things mean" questions by some lapl pilots, probing of the others finds they are not asking questions as they don't understand enough to ask!
ps: Does it really say 'pilot of aeroplanes' or is that poetic licence?
By garethep
Dave W wrote:
Have a look at the link in my signature block "Class Rating Reval. by Experience PDF"

(Produced with much help from these forums, especially from Irv)

It may just be me but it looks like this new forum doesn't support signature blocks.......I can't see the link anywhere.
By flamair
Irv Lee wrote:Not quite, but it is as it was! :wink:

For class ratings like SEP, for reval by xperience, only final 12 months count... Requirements to get signed off before expiry are..
Twelve hours including at least an hour of training with an instructor, of which six hours at least must be P1 ,and twelve take offs and landings in p1 or put.
Nppl is different, it is over two years and different break down.
Lapl(a) validity needs at least thirteen hours in 24 months before any p1 flight, (so potential lack of validity is always the next flight), of which twelve hours are p1, and one is pu/t, and the 12 take offs and landings must be P1, but not many people know that

Thanks Irv, I was aware my memory was a little hazy of the procedure. It's all coming back to me now! I think!

It's just great to be back flying to be honest!
By Geronimo
One further query

Under the second point, flying under the supervision of an instructor, does this allow for carriage of a passenger during the time until the 12 hours P1 is achieved? I had thought not, but this would seem to be allowed (subject of course to the 3 t/o and land requirement)