Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Anybody had to do this recently:

Looks like a 7 page Spanish inquisition with signatures of head of training (Tricky as I don't belong to a Training school )and certainly don't know any heads of training.

Plus expense.

On top of that its only a temporary change for 12 months tops.

Anybody got any advice please?

Peter
By Keef
The last time I moved (5 years ago) no countersignatures were needed.
By flybymike
I have never formally advised the CAA of a change of address. I'm still me no matter where I live.

My old poo brown gives instructions somewhere on what to do "IF" I wish to notify a change.

I have never wanted to though.

They still seem to keep track of me via medical certificates though.
By PeteSpencer
Some good advice there chaps ,thanks.

The CAA world is not as mad as I thought.

Peter
By cotterpot
Don't you believe it!
I have tried three times now to change my address.
Used the single form as above, my AME (who did change it online), then I got an email from CAA asking me to confirm my address and send a copy of my passport page endorsed by head of training. In this last case I sent the paperwork (copy of passport) used to move to LAPL. Heard and received nothing since so given up now.
I know where I live.
By Keef
Perhaps they don't know that your passport doesn't contain your address...
By PeteSpencer
Well, I've notified three separate CAA departments of my change of address: A/c registration (I'm trustee of the group), Radio Licencing and FCL.

All sent out in same post. First two replied in 48 hours, not a peep from FCL yet.

How long do I wait before I enquire if they've received it?

Shame CAA's not like my GP: One single letter and everybody knows, including local hospital and various screening programmes I'm on, one based in Sheffield.

Also notified AME as medical due in six weeks- will his notification suffice do you think?

Peter
By Keef
You've told 'em. You've done your bit.

When I moved here, they insisted I had to have a new licence although the old one didn't have my address in it.
The EASA one does have an address, so I suspect you'll be issued a new licence. Whether you have to pay for it...
By Balliol
Dave W wrote:Pete, there's a far simpler form than a 7-pager, and no expense required.

Thanks Dave is never found that before!
By PeteSpencer
Balliol wrote:
Dave W wrote:Pete, there's a far simpler form than a 7-pager, and no expense required.

Thanks Dave is never found that before!

I saw that form, Dave:

What bothered me was that it says at the bottom 'page 1'

Which begs the question how many other pages were there giving additional instructions/conditions which have become detached from the online form.

A search of the CAA/FCL website leads only to the 7 page monster I referred to in my OP.

Peter
By Dave W
You are reading far too much into it, Pete.

Why does "Page 1" in the footer imply anything other than it is "Page 1 of 1"? That is an official CAA form, sourced directly from the CAA website and with a CAA SRG document reference.

Why should any of that hint that it is not provided for customers to use? Logically it's quite the opposite, surely?
By cotterpot
I have used that form but got nothing back from CAA.
My AME changed the address on my file when I had my medical so they know where I live.