Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By PaulB
JonathanB wrote:No, was definitely the CAA SRG Licensing folk as I remember looking at it for my own licence application.

I remember that too.... I also remember that the date never changed for the whole time I waited for my licence.
By Johnno
Well they've had my £238 for quite some time now. It with them 2 weeks and 1 day ago so hopefully won't be too much longer as nobody will be here to sign for it back end of next week.

All this money and time just to get a different coloured book!
By TimmyP
(Shameless thread hijack)

I haven't posted much recently...I've been busy...now I'm also waiting on a new book from SRG having sent a form in last week...it's a yellow one this time though ;)

Can't find the 'waiting times' page though...there definitely was one when I was waiting on my PPL this time 2 years ago though.
By Rich T
Congratulations - well done Tim!

You're probably looking in the right place on the CAA web site, but the information that used to be there seems to have vanished now.
By PaulB
Johnno wrote:I am intrigued, what licence comes in yellow? 

Are they some of the ATC ones?
By TimmyP
Thanks Rich, and yes, ATC licensing is yellow. I have a shiny new ADI (and ADV, for what that's worth) rating on it's way. Hopefully an approach rating will follow at some point in the next 12 months, unless I end up in London in which case it's straight onto a unit endorsement.

Crazy stuff! Aviation has changed my life a lot over the past year or so... :D
By rats404
I'm sure there are a wide variety of experiences people have with the CAA regarding getting paperwork back, but thought I'd share this just to redress the balance a little.

I've had to deal with them using the fclweb email address on a couple of separate occasions recently, and although it has taken a couple of days for a response, the service has been unfailingly polite and helpful, including follow up emails to advise me of progress.

On both occasions (PPL and FRTOL revalidations) it's taken almost exactly three weeks to get the paperwork back in my hands.

You mileage may vary of course, as our American cousins say...
By pb6797
Yes, I agree - emails are responded to with a degree of alacrity sadly lacking in many other institutions and a almost always either helpful, or apologise for not being able to answer the question with an explanation of why they can't. There has rarely been the kind of vague political dodging and weaving which you sometimes receive elsewhere.

The phone is always answered quickly too, with immediate decisions in some cases.

Paperwork processing is the bane of aviation everywhere ...
By DarrenBe
Last year it took PLD six months to re-issue my FRTOL with my new address on it....