Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Speedbird_276
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Here's my situation - I have a CAA PPL, a valid Class 2 Medical and a CofE that has expired by about 18 months. Looking to renew via the revalidation route, however the question i have is, will my license / revalidation be impacted by the EASA changes in April ? ie do i need to revalidate before April's changes ?

Many thanks....

SP276
By low&slow
Not at all.

There is a three year transition period for non-commercial SEP flying but all that means is that if you want to be issued an EASA licence on the basis of your CAA licence, it will have to be done before 8 April 2015.

Your licence will still be good for non-EASA, Annexe II aircraft after April 2015, so you could still renew your rating with a friendly examiner in a permit aircraft in 2016 or later. You could still convert to an EASA licence but the process would be a little more complicated.

(Assuming that by CofE you mean rating, & by renew via the revalidation route you mean renew by test.)