Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By UncleT
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I need to apply for a change of address on my UK CAA PPL(A) (a.k.a. "Poo Brown") licence. To do so, I require a certified copy of the licence.

Presumably, the three following bits of paper all count as part of the licence and need to be copied together and certified by someone meeting the approved certifier criteria:
- The sheet calling itself "PRIVATE PILOT'S LICENCE" with sections numbered I to XI and XIII,
- The sheet containing section XII, "RATINGS INCLUDED IN LICENCE", and
- The certificate of test/check signed by my examiner, showing dates of validity of my SEP rating.

But, what of the sheet that is my "FLIGHT RADIO-TELEPHONY OPERATOR'S (RRESTRICTED) LICENCE". Does this need to get copied together with the other sheets to give just a single certified copy of everything? Or, is the FRTOL change of address a separate process, requiring a separate submission with a certified copy of the FRTOL only?

All advice from anyone in the know or who has been through changing address on a licence of this type recently would be appreciated.
By Irv Lee
I would imagine for some strange illogical reason they will believe their own records on the radio licence., But not on the licence/rating. When they reprint with new address it will all be on the one piece of paper. However....
Do you know you have a valid English level? If not they will probably demand one before reprint
By UncleT
Thanks [usermention=123]@Irv Lee[/usermention].
I asked the examiner who did my recent rating renewal LPC for an English proficiency sign off, for this reason, and hope they will have done whatever needs to be done for that when submitting the LPC pass report to CAA. If not, I guess I will need to find an examiner specifically to certify that I can speak English.
By Irv Lee
The renewal pass form (srg1157) does not have English Language pass on it like they once did, it needs a separate srg1199 and money... But first phone the caa and ask if your logged English is 6 from something previous you never knew about. They should say 'expired 4' or 'current 6'
UncleT liked this