Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Interesting that on a Sunday afternoon I just received this email....

Dear Dr Xxxxxxx,

I am writing to confirm receipt of your MEP Land Issue application, which was received on 08/04/2022.

I am pleased to advise you that your application passed a preliminary prescreen assessment today and a payment of £335 had been taken at time of submission.

Whilst your application has undergone this prescreen assessment it will still require a full assessment by a Licensing Officer, which will be undertaken within approximately 10 working days. It is possible that the Licensing Officer may require additional information from you or may be required to take an additional payment for licensing services. Should the Licensing Officer require additional information, they will contact you in writing.

If you have any queries relating to this email, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Prescreening Team

Flight Crew Licensing

This smacks of somebody in CAA putting some meaningful effort into trying to make licence and rating applications move forward considerably faster and more efficiently than many people's recent experiences.

If so, good, well done them.

In passing, as I did my MEP for both CAA and EASA (IAA) at the same time, anybody want to lay bets on which returns my licence with the new rating first?

G
By Irv Lee
One of the problems in the pre-screening is (perhaps was?) their inability to confirm this sort of paperwork progression when they have wrongly rejected an application. Replies to their rejection pointing out their error makes (made?) them simply go quiet despite pleas for a reply, so examiner and applicant have no idea if they are progressing the paperwork or stubbornly sitting there (quietly) refusing to progress the paperwork as they do not accept they made an error
By Genghis the Engineer
Well, given my track record, if they muck me around I shall be complaining very loudly. However, for now, it looks positive.

G
By MattL
That’s interesting to see thanks - looks like they are doing some more comms at each stage of the process, hopefully a good thing.