Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Hi All,

Would anyone know if it is possible to have a 61.75 FAA PPL re-issued that references the correct number on my CAA Part-FCL PPL(A) (same license number as the EASA PPL I had issued in 2018)? Normally I know the answer is yes although I missed the boat with the "easy" way of the re-issue. However...

I also hold a standalone FAA CPL/IR SE/ME.
My FAA PPL also has an IR (US Test Passed).

When I search for my details on the FAA Airmen Registry both my FAA CPL and FAA PPL 61.75 appear which leads me to believe I still hold both certificates. The FAA PPL unfortunately references my original PPL number. I do believe an FAA PPL 61.75 cannot be issued if one already holds a standalone FAA certificate but cannot find any references for re-issue due to the underlying license number changes in these cases?

The answer would be to obtain an FAA Medical but this is a bit of a faff as we don't have any AMEs in Scotland who are able to issue FAA medicals. Plus my FAA medical is a Special Issuance which isn't a problem and I would more than likely qualify for the CACI assessment (well controlled Asthma) but it would be nice to be able to use an FAA PPL based on my CAA Part-FCL PPL & Class 2 medical.

Obviously, if I decide to go an do an FAA CFI/CFII course in the future I will need to go down the FAA medical route but just for hiring an aircraft and flying around the USA... :D
Richy

I do believe an FAA PPL 61.75 cannot be issued if one already holds a standalone FAA certificate but cannot find any references for re-issue due to the underlying license number changes in these cases?

You are correct if it's initial issue, however I think this would be deemed a reissuance iaw FAA Order 8900-2 Section 21 - 127(h) so you should be OK. FAA contact e-mail here:

https://www.faa.gov/forms/index.cfm/go/ ... tID/186251

ATB Cookie
Cookie wrote:You are correct if it's initial issue, however I think this would be deemed a reissuance iaw FAA Order 8900-2 Section 21 - 127(h) so you should be OK. FAA contact e-mail here:
https://www.faa.gov/forms/index.cfm/go/ ... tID/186251

Many thanks @Cookie for the very useful document and yes it does look like it would be a reissuance. I'll contact the FAA as suggested... :D