Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By ChipCobb
Can anyone help?

I am trying to submit a change of address application through the CAA portal. I have ensured that my rating expiry dates are correct, my new address is in 'My Profile' and that my documents are certified and uploaded.

I have the message "You are eligible to submit this application!", however when I submit this I get the following error:-

"The licence product application has not been added to the cart: The licence product application cannot be added. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I have tried:-
Logging out and back in
Using Chrome and Edge
Using Incognito mode
Hitting refresh next to submit application before submitting (which is says to do in the instructions)
Hitting submit without refreshing.

Obviously I will call the CAA next week if all else fails but if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong then I'd appreciate the help!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
By Rob P
ChipCobb wrote:"The licence product application has not been added to the cart: The licence product application cannot be added. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

How helpful is that as an error message? :lol:

ChipCobb wrote:Obviously I will call the CAA next week if all else fails

I wish you the very best of luck with that.

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ChipCobb
Thanks Irv

For those reading this thread, the solution offered was

"Follow up: you need to complete the e-Exam registration to get rid of the "Object reference blah" error."

I have just logged back into the website, although it's due to be taken down any moment for maintenance until tomorrow, and I can see the registration bit.

It seems bonkers that I need to select anything relating to exams when I'm simply trying to change an address on my licence. But, anyway, I put my passport details in and it's asking for my training organisation. All the usual suspects on there including the company I did my ATPL exams with 13 years ago but by selecting them I'm agreeing that they get all sorts of access to my account!

Will update once I eventually sort it!

By ChipCobb
Quick update regarding this.

Registering for the e-exam part of the portal sorted the error and allowed me to submit my change of address application (I still find that bonkers).

It then took about two weeks to receive my licence in the post.

Slightly worried when I noticed that PBN hadn't been endorsed on it but a quick Google shows that the CAA will no longer put it in the remarks column.

By Cookie
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Slightly worried when I noticed that PBN hadn't been endorsed on it but a quick Google shows that the CAA will no longer put it in the remarks column.

PBN is no longer endorsed within Section XII; since 26th April 2021, it is now required for every IR Skill Test and Proficiency Check. See CAP 2138 for further details.

Cookie