Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Hi,

Hope you are all well

I transferred my PPL out of the UK to another EASA Member State in April 2020 and have had a CPL/IR issued in that state after the end of the transition period.

Can I operate UK registered aircraft up to PPL privileges using the general validation for EU pilots or as my new licence was issued after 31 December 2020 do I need to seek separate validation from the CAA?

Cheers,
Charlie
I suspect G reg were not allowed for you from the recent issue date.
And you have just reminded me, assuming they don't have a valid uk national licence too, today is the final day for some other pilots to fly G reg - those who Soli'd out of the UK fairly late in 2020 and didn't get a foreign licence issued until 1q2021 (and haven't used the returns process)
@CharlieMcK
i did see an explanation once, I cannot remember the detail, but I don't think it was anything as simple as "let's be nasty about it", it was something deep in the transition or exit agreement hat meant they could only go to the end of 2021 for late-issued licences - obviously it would have been simpler to say 31/12/2022 the same as the other SOLI'd licences. Someone here will know, I suspect. Also, there is something about Switzerland's arrangements with either the EU as a whole or EASA in particular which makes it necessary to have separate documents for them, but again, if I ever knew, I have forgotten why.
1. As you held a UK-issued EASA Part-FCL PPL before 1 Jan 2021, you will certainly be able to apply for re-issue of a UK Part-FCL PPL provided your foreign licence remains valid. This applies even though you now hold a higher level foreign Part-FCL licence, I am advised by the CAA.

2. If you passed all your ATPL exams in the Uk before 31 Dec 2020, you should mention this in an e-mail to FCLweb@caa.co.uk as you might be able to apply for a UK Part-FCL CPL.