Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Sean. 101
Hi,

I got my PPL back in 2017 and on my license it's called a UK CAA European union flight crew license issued in accordance with PART FCL.

License type : PPL (A)
Country code: GBR

Does this mean my license is a UK PPL or EASA PPL?

Im sorry if this sounds stupid I'm just not that clued up on the licensing stuff...

If it was EASA does it mean it's now automatically a UK PPL? I'm trying to get a share in a G registered AC and they have asked
Thanks
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Yes, it’s a UK PPL Part FCL licence.

Prior to the end of the Brexit transition, as it was issued in accordance with EASA part FCL, it was valid in all EASA registered aircraft. Now it is essentially only valid for flight in G-Reg aircraft.

If you were to need it reissued by the CAA for any reason, such as a change of address or a rating added, it would come back with all references to EASA removed.
johnm, Baldrick liked this
By Baldrick
Did I hear correctly in a recent Flyer Live that those of us with a UK issued EASA part FCL licence must change it to a UK part FCL before the end of 2022?
I looked at the changing of personal details on a licence on the CAA site and they are still calling it an EASA licence, which is amusing.
If we must change and I’d rather not, what form and documents will they require and I presume it won’t be free?
By GrahamB
Baldrick wrote:Did I hear correctly in a recent Flyer Live that those of us with a UK issued EASA part FCL licence must change it to a UK part FCL before the end of 2022?

No - the CAA have said it will have to be changed at some point, but have not yet announced a date by which it must be done. They have said it will attract a charge, but as I pointed out above, if they have to reissue the licence for any reason before then, it will be in the new format at no additional cost over that for the reason itself.

There are deadlines for others, such as FAA certificate holders living and flying N-reg here who will also have to hold a UK licence as well very soon.
Baldrick liked this