Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By cotterpot
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
As above, I have, amongst others a UK PPL but only recently have I noted it has a SSEA (land) rating and not the SEP rating I thought it should have in it.

I changed my address in 2016 and the SSEA rating is confirmed by the top printed line on certificate of revalidation.
On page three it gives the original issue as a PPL(A) and on the back it gives the previous rating held as SEP(Land).

I have been revalidating this by the usual 12 hours in the second year but as an SSEA it would seem I could have used the same as the NPPL (12hrs over 24 months,with 6 hrs in last 12 months) - which I also hold.

I have an LAPL too :)

Have I missed something re the UK PPL? Any idea how I might have 'lost' the SEP?

At my age and for my flying it probably isn't such a problem but would like to know.
By cotterpot
Ah Bathman it may have been that I was flying on LAPL licence and medical and when I changed address in 2016. I revalidated the UK PPL and NPPL - just in case.

If it isn't easy to get the SEP back I will just keep them both valid using the appropriate flying requirements for SSEA.

Many thanks
By Irv Lee
I wonder... if there were a female CPL/ATPL with all sorts of type ratings and SEP, pregnant, unable to revalidate medical, changes address..... or a male in same position but broken leg instead of pregnancy - what comes back licence-wise? All ratings on the back? If they happened to have a pmd or the broken leg guy's medical had gone to lapl level being over 50, would they get an ATPL back with SSEA???
Kemble Pitts liked this