Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By jakem
Hi all,

Has anyone successfully converted a relatively new licence f(ATPL) from the UK to EASA? I'm sure someone out there has already been through this process, so thought I would give it a shot asking on this forum.

I've ended up with a UK licence after training and as I have the right to live/work in Europe I am contemplating converting this over to EASA. However the amount of additional training required, considering I just completed it, to get it converted over to EASA seems to be rather extreme (looking at c.15hrs CPL and 15hrs IR), and pricey! Is this the case with all NAA's or has anyone had a better experience?

Thanks!
By carlapilot
Hello,

I am also in similar situation, I wanted to convert my UK CPL to EASA. I got the following information from Hungary:
- A CPL licence issued in third country may be converted to a PPL only!

- you must have a valid rating, otherwise conversion cannot be made

- the theoretical exams related to a conversion must be completed at the chosen Authority, therefore UK one is not accepted for conversion related purposes.

For a CPL they can issue a PPL only! And you must get the CPL again, even if some crediting is possible but training needed and after that the exams (theoretical and practical).

Option 1: you convert your CPL to a PPL. Get the EASA PPL(A) (for this theoretical exam – no foreign exams are accepted for conversion - and practical exam, new EASA medical and a new ICAO language exam certificate at level 4 at least is needed as follows). And after that get the CPL with special training syllabus crediting your previous experience. After completing the CPL(A) Skill test succesfully, apply for the CPL licence as Initial issue in the licensing system. If you completed the ATPL theoretical exam according to PART-FCL they do accept it for the issuance of ATPL(A) just please keep in mind that the validity of the certificate is 7 years. Valid rating could be converted into the EASA CPL after completing the Skill test.

Option 2: get the ATPL(A) licence (including a VALID rating) at the UK CAA and after that you can convert it directly to an EASA ATPL ( theoretical and practical exams, medical certification and New ICAO language proficiency exam is still needed).

I was also suggested a Hungarian ATO, here is their website:
https://www.easy-pilot.com/main-page

They were really helpful, we clarified everything in order to be able to get the EASA licence asap.
I hope this information was useful for you and helped to get a clearer view.
By mohamad
Hi guys, I am having the PPL ground exam this week and i bought the Easy PPL practice exam . i am little confused there, there is a tests and exam in easy ppl which one is important to practice it as the tests is around 100 Q where as the exam around 20 Q .