Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
I went flying earlier today, exactly 30 years to the day since my first trial lesson and was musing over the 2200 odd hours and 40 different types I have flown over the years. Anyway I realised that I had not flown a tailwheel aircraft as PIC since 1997.

In my logbook I do have a signed off type conversion onto a Piper Vagabond in 1994, but I don't have a "differences training (Tailwheel) sticker." Sadly the instructor who signed the logbook is no longer with us.

In the meantime, I seem to have accumulated multiple licences. I have a UK PPL, a UK FCL PPL and an NPPL (SSEA). All have valid single engine ratings.

So , my question is, will any of those licences allow me to fly a taildragger as PIC or do I need to do a "Differences training" course.

Now, this is theoretical. I am not going to go blasting off in a taildragger without further training, but I am just curious.

Thanks.
D
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
The requirement for differences training within the SEP Class Rating was introduced with JAR-FCL in 1999. Additionally, EFIS and SLPC differences were added to the requirements in 2006 as stated in AIC Pink 070/2010.

Cookie
Flyin'Dutch' liked this