Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By jonathan-7065
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I got my original CAA PPL license in 1998 and went on to do my IMC, multi engine and Instrument Rating. I have had a 20 year break and started again this year.
I passed my PPL test and had the license reissued after proving my English language competence.
The new license had my old IMC and multi engine ratings on the back but my IR was missing.
I renewed my IMC rating and spoke to the CAA about my IR but again when the license came back no sign of the IR.
I have renewed my FAA IR and am ready to do my CAA IR renewal but can’t get a straight answer about my license and a part FCL license
What, if anything, is involved?
Jon
By Arrow Flyer
FCL.625 IR
[...]
(e) Holders of a valid IR on a pilot licence issued by a third country in accordance with Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention shall be exempted from complying with the requirements in points (c)(1) and (d) when renewing the IR privileges contained in licences issued in accordance with this Annex.

As your FAA IR is valid, you are exempt from refresher training and the 7 year limit on the theoretical knowledge exams.

Complete a proficiency check with an IRE or CRE/IRR then apply. As licensing action is required by the CAA, you'll need SRG1119C as well as SRG1157.