Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Buzzc150
Hi

I SOLI’d my license out some time ago for work. I’m now in the process of getting a UK ATPL again. I sent off (online) all the stuff for issuance of a new CAA class 1 medical about 2 months ago.
How long is it taking them at the moment?
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I don't know if it covers medical 'returns' as I didn't leave to return, but I accidentally and annoyingly* discovered an auto-check on progress for returners. You send an email to application.status@caa.co.uk with the subject 'RTN' and then the only content is your 7 character CAA references as was.
*annoyingly: I had to phone the CAA about the progress (or not) of an application for a rating that I had tested for someone, as 'pre-screening' had wrongly suspended for want of a form they didn't need. I had emailed point out there own instructions said do NOT send the form that they were asking for, and had added 'please let me know one way or another, is the application now continuing or not'. Of course they didn't reply anything, so a week later I phoned to see if this rating application was still suspended, and after listening to all the blurb, and chosen options, just at the point you get to where a human might answer, the recorded message says 'If you are chasing an application, you can check with an auto email reply'.... it doesn't say 'for SOLI returnees applications only', it says for applications. So I hung up, did the process I mentioned above (with the candidates reference), and was horrified when it came back as no application in progress... so phone again, believing they have canned it for the want of a form they say should not be sent in, and finally got a human: 'oh, that is only for SOLI returnees'. and for my question where I had asked for confirmation that I had submitted properly and it wasn't suspended: 'oh yes, following your email it progressed beyond pre-screening, we didn't need the form' . Well thanks for wasting more of my time!