Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Langmead
I hold a CAA PPL(A) licence and appear to have successfully registered on the CAA Customer Portal to make a Pilot Medical Self Declaration. How do I access the form to complete and submit to the CAA?
Mike L
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Langmead wrote:I hold a CAA PPL(A) licence and appear to have successfully registered on the CAA Customer Portal to make a Pilot Medical Self Declaration. How do I access the form to complete and submit to the CAA?
Mike L

Registering an account gives you access to different services (on the left from memory), click on medical and you should then see the PMD option.

Ian
By Bathman
I still have a paper medical declaration as well as a Class 2 (although 'm not flying on its LAPL priviledges). Is my PMD still valid or do I need to make another application online?

I'm thinking of letting the Class2/LAPL laspe and just flying on the PMD
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Bathman wrote:I still have a paper medical declaration as well as a Class 2 (although 'm not flying on its LAPL priviledges). Is my PMD still valid or do I need to make another application online?

Why?

Does it say anywhere on the CAA website that this is required?
By Forfoxake
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
Bathman wrote:I still have a paper medical declaration as well as a Class 2 (although 'm not flying on its LAPL priviledges). Is my PMD still valid or do I need to make another application online?

Why?

Does it say anywhere on the CAA website that this is required?

Perhaps not but the PMD procedure has changed somewhat since last year so probably safer (and no harm) in doing a new one once registered on Cellma.
By 100poundburger
Hello everyone, quick question.
I have a current LAPL medical but as a number of people suggested i made a PMD as well a few weeks
BEFORE the CELLMA system came online. Do i have to make ANOTHER PMD or will the one i have already made still stand ?

Many thanks.
By 100poundburger
Thanks for that info Bob, I have not yet had the courage to try to set up an 'account' with the
CAA via their 'portal', from what i read it does not work very well.
One wonders what they are doing to be so busy to the point they cannot do the job they are
there for, i know airline pilots who are waiting months simply to change the address on their ATPL.

Anyway, thanks for the info about the PMD's.