Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By MJIM
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out, or put me in contact with someone to revalidate my EASA SEP in the next few weeks please. I'm based in Leeds, but happy to travel.

Cheers
By Cookie
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I may be able to assist (UK CAA & EASA examiner, Midlands) or put you in touch with a few EASA examiners locally that I’m aware of.

Cookie
Cookie wrote:I may be able to assist (UK CAA & EASA examiner, Midlands) or put you in touch with a few EASA examiners locally that I’m aware of.

Cookie

That would be great thanks. If they can't do it, I'm more than happy to pop down to the midlands thanks :thumleft:
Last edited by MJIM on Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Irv Lee
Subject to the final.question below, the suggestions above should work, but are you looking for:
- just an in-licence signature to reval the rating?
- a training hour plus above? (a 945 instructor could do it)
- a profcheck (flighttest) as the hours are too few? (as then you would need an examiner )

But before any of those, when you say easa sep, which country issued the licence?

(Cookie can cope whatever)
Irv Lee wrote:Subject to the final.question below, the suggestions above should work, but are you looking for:
- just an in-licence signature to reval the rating?
- a training hour plus above? (a 945 instructor could do it)
- a profcheck (flighttest) as the hours are too few? (as then you would need an examiner )

But before any of those, when you say easa sep, which country issued the licence?

(Cookie can cope whatever)

I'm revalidating after 2 years by experience, so it's the standard 1 hour instructional flight.

My licence is with the French and this is the first time I've revalidated since transferring. I've checked with them today and any EASA instructor can do it, I just need to email them a copy of the instructors medical and licence.
By Irv Lee
Ok so some of the above suggestions might not work.
Break-break
Anyone know if any Easa State has any unusual procedure for reval? - I know that pre Easa, the Austrians had very strict procedures (who'd have guessed ;-) ) but maybe they have mellowed.
I was looking at someone's case yesterday, our caa wanted a copy of the foreign examiner certificate... if they wanted that rather than believe it, why didn't they want the examiner's licence, rating page and medical? (I can remove this last question quickly for a fee ( :wink: )
By Cookie
Irv,

You'll find the answer in the EASA Examiner Differences Document.

Irv wrote:Anyone know if any Easa State has any unusual procedure for reval?

I suspect the original meaning might be lost in translation:

EASA E.D.D. Page 9: Austria wrote:Note: please be aware that back side entries due to positive LPCs may only be made if the rating is shown on the front side of the license

For French EASA licence holders, endorsement is not permitted unless the examiner is also French (see EASA Examiner Differences Document, page 33 et seq).

Cookie
By Irv Lee
Cookie wrote:Irv,

You'll find the answer in the EASA Examiner Differences Document.

I didn't ! (I was thinking of an Austrian under the JAA system, they wanted every individual line in his logbook that he was claiming to have an airfield stamp)
Cookie wrote:
Irv wrote:Anyone know if any Easa State has any unusual procedure for reval?

I suspect the original meaning might be lost in translation:

EASA E.D.D. Page 9: Austria wrote:Note: please be aware that back side entries due to positive LPCs may only be made if the rating is shown on the front side of the license

Let's not have a competition on what LPC might stand for there, as the aviation term went out 9 years ago.
For French EASA licence holders, endorsement is not permitted unless the examiner is also French (see EASA Examiner Differences Document, page 33 et seq).
Cookie

Yes it's not only whether they are French examiners is it? Non French have to be "on a list" or test invalid. I had to warn an examiner who had Soli'd that the French took him (and presumably all other GB examiners) off the list on Jan 1st so he had to tell them he had SOLI'd to be put back on the list.
Thanks for all the replies. This is what I got back from the French DHAC via google translate....

Hello,

yes in this case you will have to stop your logbook, with the total experience, and the experience in SEP in the last 12 months (total hdv, including hdv CdB, and ATT/DEC).

A scan of the stopped logbook and of the flight with the FI will be necessary, as well as the license and the medical of the FI if he/she does not have a French license.

If the FI has a French license, you can do the prorogation yourself by experience on SIGEBEL (https://www.ecologie.gouv.fr/mon-espace-pilote-sigebel) and have your license signed by the FI.

Have a nice day,

Sincerely,
Hi all,

I thought I post an update for anyone in the same boat.

I flew with @TwinPiston last week at Teeside (who I couldn't recommend highly enough).

I emailed the DGAC this morning with a copy of my logbook and medical and @TwinPiston licence and medical. I got a reply about an hour later to say my new licence was in the post and there was no fee to pay.

If only the UK CAA could offer a service that was somewhere even close to this!

Thanks again for all the replies to my thread :thumleft: