Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By PeteBC
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I know that for initial issue, i need a class 2 for a 'full' ppl, but I am currently renewing my old JAR ppl(a) which expired in 2012 into a shiny new no-longer-EASA ppl.

Flying is going great, but I'm having issues with getting a class 2. So the question is do I need a class 2 for a renewal? I can't find the answer to that anywhere. The lapl or pmd limitations are not an issue especially with the new deal with France, but can I renew with that??

Thanks in advance

Pete
By PeteBC
Interestingly i was told that I need a medical for the LPC, but the examiners handbook serms to say a medical isn't required at all, although the licence won't be issued without one, which makes sense.
By Irv Lee
I am pretty sure I have had people go JAA-EASA pre-2021 with a PMD. So hopefully that continues with UK FCL. The JAA licence was legally an EASA one, albeit expired (which seems impossible, but it was) so it should now legally be an expired UK FCL one. So you didn't need a full medical to have it re-issued.
Also, prof checks and Skills tests ok without a medical, i've just done my FE(PPL) re-test and I was presented with a PPL candidate with an expired medical as one of the many potential elephant traps, and asked to skill test him.... I got it right, you don't need a medical, you warn them what they have to do, in the case of an initial skills test, of course they cannot get the actual PPL issued after passing without having a class 2.
PeteBC liked this