Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Fellsteruk
Hopefully a quick question maybe not a short answer lol

So my initial application for my PPL went in 10 working days ago today. On Sunday they emailed me to say it’s been paused until I provide a certified copy of my logbook, thankfully managed to get that done today and sent off to CAA just now, with hope it doesn’t cause much of a delay.

My question being, does the 10 day SLA now effectively reset so could be another 10 day from today or do they pause the SLA so effectively I should get my license by the end of the week at the latest as that would be 10days not counting the paused time? The auto reply from them wasn’t clear.

I know it will come when it comes but I’m just keen to get it as I’m sure you’ll appreciate :)

FYI for anyone who is applying for initial issue with night rating, they won’t ask for your logbook at the point of applying but apparently it is a mandatory document they need for the night rating so have it to hand ready to save a delay and even submit it via email after the application to avoid delay.

It is mental though that they will trust an Examiner and training centre to give you ppl with just a completion certificate but not a night rating ;)
By Fellsteruk
TopCat wrote:
Fellsteruk wrote:... until I provide a certified copy of my logbook

What's one of those?

Well my option was post my physical logbook to the CAA for review or get my schools head of training to make a copy of every page of the logbook sign, stamp and scan to pdf which I could send.

Not wanting to risk my logbook going missing I went for latter but still a pita :(
By Fellsteruk
AndyR wrote:I would be a little sceptical of any SLA currently

Seems to be the case :( oh well I’ll get it when I get it back to watching the path for FedEx :)
AndyR liked this
By Fellsteruk
Called them today... Guess what my certified logbook was sat in an inbox nobody looked at it yet that was when it was found as initially it didn’t appear they had it.

The person i spoke to was lovely and very helpful but unable to do much other than link the file to my application and said they would ask the team to pick it up but..... would be within 7/10 working days from today so likely another two weeks to wait so a month for my license :(

Bit of a pain as i had some plans to take a friend up with me but thats a no go now.
By Rob P
Fellsteruk wrote:Bit of a pain as i had some plans to take a friend up with me but that's a no go now.

Relax.

You have the rest of your life to take friends flying. Just enjoy a few solo jaunts on your instructor's licence. It is a time when you can learn a huge amount, some of it best not witnessed by others.

Rob P
TopCat, JAFO and 1 others liked this