Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
I went for my Class 2 medical, and the AME reviewed some previous neurology reports relating to migraines I've had since childhood and basically told me that a Class 2 medical is out of the picture.

The thing is, I take anti-migraine medication, and the last time I've had a migraine was at least 9 months ago. It's not fair because I'm a sensible person, and I take my medication very seriously. The actual migraine itself is without visual aura or sight loss, just quite a lot of pain, but I get plenty of notice from my head and neck.

So, I've made peace with not getting Class 2. In any case, I want to fly light aircraft as a hobby, so I was thinking of LAPL medical? Has anyone any experience of this? If my GP thinks the migraines are under control, would the LAPL be easier to obtain?

Appreciate any support!
Thanks, I've seen that. If you follow that chart. I should have Class 2 unrestricted. My AME was more bothered that this would be a complex case for the CAA?
The medication I take is Topiramate. Which was originally meant for epileptics, but is widely licensed for use for migraines in the UK.

I'm just not sure what to do now :( .