Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By trr13
Hello! I recently (a few weeks ago) completed the SRG1119E form to revalidate my SEP rating for the first time and my club sent it off for me.. I'm sure they will have done, but should I expect any confirmation from the CAA that they received it?
Also, it was the instructor who did my hours training who signed the form and my licence, not an examiner, who I was under the impression had to do this.. I did question it but he was confident that it was okay, can anyone point me to the rules about who can sign your licence?

Thanks in advance.
By Kemble Pitts
Without delving into the rules, I can't point to where it says so. But, so long as you meet the requirements to revalidate it is perfectly legitimate for an instructor with FCL.945 authorisation (which is most of them) to sign all of the necessary bits of paper. No need for an examiner.

And, no, you shouldn't expect any response from CAA.
trr13 liked this
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
trr13 wrote:should I expect any confirmation from the CAA that they received it?

Negative
Also, it was the instructor who did my hours training who signed the form and my licence….

that in bold is the key (assuming they have fcl.945 mentioned on their licences)
trr13 liked this
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
trr13 wrote:Thank you, Irv, much appreciated.

To add, I have also realised my instructor did not sign my logbook for this flight - is this essential?

I think FCL says it has to be signed for PPL-SEP, but I think the point of that rule is probably so the examiner who signed the total revalidation "knows" (somehow!) that it wasn't made up by the pilot! That was put into the rules before 945 instructors came along. It's all a bit of "committee-world solution" really as an examiner signing the total revalidation later wouldn't know the instructor was valid to instruct at the time anyway (eg: medical expiry, etc), or that the signature wasn't faked either, but the committee that invented it were happy, so life continues.
trr13 liked this
By trr13
Thanks again Irv.

I did have a look at the Part-FCL after posting yesterday but couldn't find anything relating to instructors signing logbook after training flight and licence endorsement, although I could have missed it - it's a big document as I'm sure you know!

Nevertheless, next time I see the instructor I'll ask for his signature.