Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By nohope123
Does an examiner who had an EASA licence issued by the U.K. CAA- when U.K. was still in EU- still have an EASA licence if their rating has not expired?

What is i.a.w FCL1000(c) ?

The IAA website states ‘Examiners certified by the UK CAA and not holding an Examiner certificate issued i.a.w. FCL.1000(c) by an EASA Member State, MAY NOT carry out any activity relating to an Irish Issued Part FCL licence. This includes performance of skill tests or proficiency checks, revalidation of rating pages etc.’
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
nohope123 wrote:What is i.a.w FCL1000(c) ?

That refers to Part FCL, "in accordance with" clause 1000(c) which says:
Part FCL wrote:FCL.1000 Examiner certificates
(c) Examination outside the territory of the Member States:

(1) Notwithstanding paragraph (a), in the case of skill tests and proficiency checks provided in
an ATO located outside the territory of the Member States, the competent authority of the
Member State may issue an examiner certificate to an applicant holding a pilot licence issued
by a third country in accordance with ICAO Annex 1, provided that the applicant:

(i) holds at least an equivalent licence, rating, or certificate to the one for which they
are authorised to conduct skill tests, proficiency checks or assessments of
competence, and in any case at least a CPL;

(ii) complies with the requirements established in this Subpart for the issue of the
relevant examiner certificate; and

(iii) demonstrates to the competent authority an adequate level of knowledge of
European aviation safety rules to be able to exercise examiner privileges in
accordance with this Part.

(2) The certificate referred to in paragraph (1) shall be limited to providing skill tests and
proficiency tests/checks:
(i) outside the territory of the Member States; and

(ii) to pilots who have sufficient knowledge of the language in which the test/check is
given.

There is further context and Guidance Material at the link above.
nohope123 liked this
By AndyR
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
nohope123 wrote:Does an examiner who had an EASA licence issued by the U.K. CAA- when U.K. was still in EU- still have an EASA licence if their rating has not expired?

.’

In short, no. If you didn’t SOLI, you will hold a Part FCL licence that may have EASA on the front of it, but has reverted to a UK Part FCL.
nohope123 liked this