Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
skydriller wrote:
Bathman wrote:Log "Cromer" as "XCRO" then put Cromer in the remarks column

Trying to figure out why "Cromer" wont fit in the wee box where "XCRO" will...?

Fair point but what about when he goes to Sherburn-in-Elmet?

Though I'd just either put a line through the box or the logbook in the bin.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JAFO wrote:Fair point but what about when he goes to Sherburn-in-Elmet?
Though I'd just either put a line through the box or the logbook in the bin.

...Sherburn... :wink:

Looking back, Im sad that when I started flying my instructors had me writing 'Exercise 5/6/7' in the comments instead of what I actually did - I wrote a couple of things but most of it is the exercise numbers, I do have "First Solo" and "first nav ex", but thats about it.

My Logbook quickly turned into a 'flying diary' after I started hiring from other places and other instructors suggested writing "what happened", but some experiences I remember from those early days arent recorded : For example I remember having 2x A10s come alongside, noses high, wave & fly off on one solo flight, then there was the day I "lost" the aerodrome on downwind due to haze and low sun etc, etc. Things like that I now write in the comments section.

Regards, SD..
skydriller wrote:...then there was the day I "lost" the aerodrome on downwind due to haze and low sun...

There was a farm strip I flew to once where I lost sight of it on downwind and on base leg and on final, I just knew where it was supposed to be until I eventually went: "Ah, that's it."
By skydriller
JAFO wrote:There was a farm strip I flew to once where I lost sight of it on downwind and on base leg and on final, I just knew where it was supposed to be until I eventually went: "Ah, that's it."

This was doing solo circuit practice, so I guess Id done less than 10hrs total at the time. I vividly remember it was a lovely sunny morning, taking off turning crosswind all was great, 1000ft turn downwind and check position for that downwind call, then ....holy ****!!! Where's the runway?.....?....Mild panic followed by the slow realisation that I know where it should be, that I can turn base with reference to the ground I can see... the aerodrome appeared out of the murk on base leg just before turning final and all was good with the world... :wink:
JAFO liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
Aerials wrote:
Genghis the Engineer wrote:Nobody actually needs an "EASA compliant " logbook....

To the OP; In that case, design your own and get it printed and bound as you see fit.

As it happens, exactly what I did - I had several made, and they should see out my flying career, accompanied by a matching electronic logbook in Excel that I designed to match it. These images aren't quite the final version, but close enough.

3 years into using it, still flying double-figures types and several classes each year, it's still working well for me.

G
By Aerials
Genghis the Engineer wrote:
Aerials wrote:
Genghis the Engineer wrote:Nobody actually needs an "EASA compliant " logbook....

To the OP; In that case, design your own and get it printed and bound as you see fit.

As it happens, exactly what I did - I had several made, and they should see out my flying career, accompanied by a matching electronic logbook in Excel that I designed to match it. These images aren't quite the final version, but close enough.
3 years into using it, still flying double-figures types and several classes each year, it's still working well for me.
G

I had you very firmly in mind when I wrote that!