Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Hello everyone!

I have one of the large Pooleys commercial logbooks which does the job fine. My main gripe is the fact it only has enough space in the departure and arrival column for an ICAO aifield code which is OK if the airfield has an assigned code, but quite a challenge to shoebox the airfield name in when it doesn't.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

:D
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The only time I write the airfield code in is when it's somewhere a long way from home with a long and unspellable name.

Although one or two UK airfield names could be shorter. White Waltham to Lee on Solent last week would challenge most logbooks unless you have incredibly small writing.

G
By Genghis the Engineer
That is a pretty bizarre layout. In general, aircraft types and registrations are a lot shorter than airfield names, and most of us like to write departure and arrival times in adjacent columns. The totals at the bottom of the time columns are going to be a struggle as well.

G
By Genghis the Engineer
I use the pre-JAR commercial logbook from Pooleys for years and that was good.

When JAR then EASA came along various companies produced "JAR compliant " commercial logbooks that were all pretty horrible- but this may be one of the worst I have seen.

Nobody actually needs an "EASA compliant " logbook, and I agree with FD - ditch it and get something better.

G