Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
skydriller wrote:If you re-read what I wrote, you will see Im talking about a CAA issued licence but with a rating or
qualification obtained in another EASA state while the UK was in the EU and therefore in EASA.

I read your post more than once and was still scratching my head as to the scenario :D

skydriller wrote:Show me how a medical is different? Like I say, for me its irrelevant, but it might make a difference to others.

You've got to scroll a bit further down on the CAA's microsite linked above for the answer to that one. It's different because the CAA say they'll only recognise the medical certificate for the validity period or two years (whichever is shorter). So, while a Class 2 medical may be valid for 5 years for younger people you can't use it beyond 31 December 2022 if issued by an EASA AME.

What’s the position after 1 January 2021 for pilots with a UK-issued EU licence and EU medical certificate from a non-UK EU-certified AME?

...From 1 January 2021, medicals with a non-UK EU AME will only be ‘recognised’ for their normal validity period or up to two years (whichever is the shorter) provided that the AME’s approval was valid on 31 December 2020 and the AME approval certificate had not been revalidated, renewed, suspended or revoked...

Like Frank says, it's all rules for the sake of rules and we've got to try and pick our way through it. The CAA Brexit microsite is pretty good and covers a lot of scenarios for this stuff.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Sorry @Flyin'Dutch' this has turned into more of an effort for you than Id hoped, I thought my email might have got "lost" in your inbox

Ill try again to send to you.
Last edited by skydriller on Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.