Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
@Skosh and @AndyR I don't doubt you have problems that mean you want a UK fcl licence again, but I am interested in what it is specifically that made it urgent to reverse-Soli for want of a better phrase... for example, did a December SOLI out take til April? Did you renew a medical? Etc etc
I
Irv Lee wrote:I am interested in what it is specifically that made it urgent to reverse-Soli for want of a better phrase

Well I do not think it is... you get your FCL PPL in addition to the EASA PPL so you can fly G-Reg PA28s again 'cause you wont be able to do that after "whatever date" if you SOLIed... makes sense...but letting your UK ICAO PPL be valid for flying said PA28 would at a stroke as a minimum half those applications... Im waiting...

Regards, SD..
@skydriller I would have thought that too, but the question was posted by @Skosh about exemptions extending issues into April (or not) suggests there is something else going on, which @AndyR apparently recognises too
Irv Lee wrote:@Skosh and @AndyR I don't doubt you have problems that mean you want a UK fcl licence again, but I am interested in what it is specifically that made it urgent to reverse-Soli for want of a better phrase... for example, did a December SOLI out take til April? Did you renew a medical? Etc etc

Hi Irv, exactly that - Dec SOLI hasn’t been completed yet.
Irv Lee wrote:@Skosh and @AndyR I don't doubt you have problems that mean you want a UK fcl licence again, but I am interested in what it is specifically that made it urgent to reverse-Soli for want of a better phrase... for example, did a December SOLI out take til April? Did you renew a medical? Etc etc

Wary of splashing it all online, but happy to relate over the phone, Irv.

But the inability of the UK CAA FCL Dept to carry out the simplest of tasks in a reasonable period of time has reached astoundingly infuriating levels right now, to the point of affecting income. Something that should take a fortnight taking in excess of 6 months tends to start becoming complex purely due to their delays.
Skosh wrote:Follow up: you need to complete the e-Exam registration to get rid of the "Object reference blah" error.

So what you seem to be saying, if I am following this, their mistake is that they had a link labelled "e-Exam Registration" when they should have labelled it "set Object reference"?
;-)