Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Apologies if I am asking the bleeding obvious.

For currency requirements, the NPPL requires 1 hour of flight time with an instructor in the past 24 months.

Can I take this at face value? E.g. if I spend an aggregate total of more than an 1 hour with an instructor sitting next to me, I'd satisfy the requirement?

Or is there some more specific definition in CAP393 that I should be aware of?

Does it need to be a single hour in a block?
Does it need to specifically be a dedicated hour of instruction?

My situation is that I have spent around 3 hours over the past year with an instructor, but very little of it was instructional; it's mostly been 15 - 20 minute 'check flights' to sign me off for club renting, with one 45 minute session that was very much instructional, after I asked for some help focussing on x-wind landing technique.

My assumption is that this is more than enough to satisfy the 1 hour of flight time with an instructor requirement, but out of an abundance of caution I thought I would check, in case someone says I need to be able to point to a 1 hour + flight in my logbook with an instructor signature against it.
Thanks for replies - it's all logged as P/UT, but I don't have signatures for it (predominantly because in the Covid world our school didn't sign things for a while, but also because I'm not sure whether it should), all except for 45 minutes which does have a signature. My take on it is that the signature isn't essential - I can demonstrate/prove that I spent the time with the instructor in a myriad of other ways (school flight logs, instructor's logbook etc) if I ever needed to and would likely never be asked to anyway.

In any event, I've done 3 hours with an instructor, so I'm current in that perspective.