Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
I’m British, live in the UK but work for an EU operator. Consequently a few years ago my company required me to SOLI from UK to the relevant EU member state.

My intention was always, on retiring to repatriate my EASA ATPL by SOLI’ing back to the UK again.

Does anyone know if there will be a path to doing that in the future? Will there be a ‘grandfather rights’ path to obtain a UK FCL ATPL based on an EU EASA ATPL? And would a current EU issued EASA Class One medical be valid for a future issue of such a UK FCL ATPL?
From SkyWise:
From 1 April 2021, a new application process will be available to pilots, instructors and examiners who wish to obtain a UK Part-FCL licence based on a European Part-FCL licence. Further guidance regarding this process will be published in due course.

A general validation, which will enable holders of EASA Part-FCL licences to continue to exercise their privileges on G-registered aircraft, is now available on our dedicated microsite to download.

Additional information for flight crew licence and medical holders has been published on our microsite: https://info.caa.co.uk/uk-eu-transition/
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Many that did a SOLI, kept the old UK ICAO PPL. Will the CAA confirm that it is intending that it can be used to fly any/all G Reg aeroplanes? This would be logical... (but hey, when was CAA licensing ever logical :roll: ) It would probably at a stroke eliminate many having to re-convert EASA licenses UK ones in the future too.

Regards, SD..
Stampe liked this