Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
I am trying to update my 2 page 'one sheet catch up' pdf (sic) (see my website, http://www.higherplane.co.uk) - quite a few syndicates/pilots use it to keep abreast of things. I'm looking through the various exemptions, CAPs, etc for rules flying G reg from an hour before midnight GMT 1/1/21, clearly the Swiss are 'different', presumably due to a difference in the way they belong to EASA.
I don't know whether this will remain as it is right now, but:
It appears that Swiss EASA licences need to print/carry validation cap2018 to fly anywhere in a G reg
It appears that non-UK, non-Swiss, EASA licences need only to print/carry their validation cap2017 if they are flying outside the UK - I'm guessing that if this is true, it is because the wording of the 'FCL mass copy' that we have done makes them validated in UK airspace anyway - unless there is going to be a new document before Friday or one that I haven't found yet.
Any opinions?
Yes. And this is a general comment on all these "can I" threads.

Im trying to think of a time anyone anywhere has ever really looked at my PPL Licences... I mean, sure, I wave my little licence booklet at a few security people every now and again to access airside at some airports, but all they really see is my passport and that "pilot" is written on it (the blue holder), as they probably only get pilots asking for apron access anyway.

I reckon that you could fly around and nobody would know or care if you have invalid paperwork until you have an incident and the relavent CAA checks - like the recent guys that were mentioned that infringed - and I bet they had no clue they didnt have valid paperwork, especially with all the recent C19 derogations etc. The only thing that will change tomorrow is more pilots will be blissfully unaware they are not technically legal.

Good on you Irv for trying to keep people on the legal side on here at least.

Regards, SD..
Flying_john, Jon G4LJW liked this