Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
tailbob wrote:LAPL Prof Check Forms reference is FEH page 49 Table 7B.
LAPL to PPL upgrade is 10 hours course of which at least 4 hours is supervised solo flight including a 150nm cross country followed by PPL Skill Test.

Excellent spot, I will need to get the examiner to fill out the different forms (similar info just different form...) and have that sent to the CAA. Thank you @tailbob.

Presumably though the CAA will not reply to me and I am still legal as of my LPC pass to use the privileges of my LAPL. Although they do say you should you never presume...

In regards to the upgrade LAPL-PPL, that's the process as it stands but I believe it is due to change post Brexit?
By allout
I'm not aware of any change to LAPL(A) > PPL(A).
(It's all in the regulation; easily accessible; do read it for yourself)

I do know that UK Government policy is to make European law UK law, then leave unchanged for at least 2 years.
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:A nice and fuzzy feeling innit, when examiners examen for something they haven't got the first idea on what to do with the product.

Or am I unduly harsh?

Assume you mean the guy who did this one, but personally I haven't done a lapl prof check, I know the content as I have done a lapl skills test. If I ever do a lapl prof check, I will find if there is a form well in advance, and read the FEH, like I did before doing my first lapl skills test, it's all in the "prep for a test" usually the day before. - I don't just roll up.
Last edited by Irv Lee on Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
low&slow wrote:To be fair Irv, since you could make up for missing P1 hours by flying dual the P1 hours didn't need to be P1 at all.

My "p1" post was about the 7+ years where it had to be p1.
7+ years to fix something made up by "experts"! They should publish the names of the experts