Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Dagenhamdave
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Sorry I may have missed this in earlier posts Just wondering if I’ll be able to fly in the US next year ???
Or will I have to pay our CAA to send the FAA new details for my free FAA licence ?
By GrahamB
Dagenhamdave wrote:Or will I have to pay our CAA to send the FAA new details for my free FAA licence ?

No, as your licence remains ICAO compliant; even if at some point it were to be reissued as a non EASA licence it will continue to be called a Part FCL licence and carry the same number.
By Flyin'Dutch'
GrahamB wrote:
Dagenhamdave wrote:Or will I have to pay our CAA to send the FAA new details for my free FAA licence ?

No, as your licence remains ICAO compliant; even if at some point it were to be reissued as a non EASA licence it will continue to be called a Part FCL licence and carry the same number.

Can we quote you on that?

:D

The old CAA PPL was ever much an ICAO one as the EASA one that followed - they still had to be changed.
By GrahamB
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
GrahamB wrote:

Can we quote you on that?

:D

The old CAA PPL was ever much an ICAO one as the EASA one that followed - they still had to be changed.

Only because the number changed when it was reissued as an EASA one. If you never swapped it, it still remained valid.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By WelshRichy
The question around 61.75 was asked on Friday's CAA Webinar and the reply was numbers will not be changing on our new licences once we have them re-issued. Our EASA Part-FCL licences will need to be swapped for UK CAA Part-FCL licences within 5 years of 1/1/21 but numbering will apparently remain the same.

If you have your licence re-issued with a "UK CAA Badge" before the 5 years is up, i.e. you add an FI to your licence then you'll automatically receive a new licence as part of the FI issuance fee. Otherwise the proposed fee will be £146 for professional licences or £77 for private licences. CAP 1986 refers (Page 14):

https://consultations.caa.co.uk/finance/caa-charges-fy21-22/user_uploads/statutory-charges-fy21-22--consultation-document--1.pdf