Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Also highlighted in this post elsewhere in the Licensing forum.

Thank you and well done, CAA.

CAP 1913 provides plain English guidance on the various recent CAA licensing and medical exemptions (ORS4 Nos 1353, 1370, 1385 and 1378), to whom they apply, for how long and what is needed to be done by pilots etc.
Kemble Pitts liked this
why does the example (page 6) not say Nov 22nd for the expiries? (It says Nov 18th to save you looking) - if anyone bothers to change it, might be worth changing 1374 to 1385 on that page too. (NB 1385 now replaces 1374 for anyone who hasn't noticed).
Don't know why but for me the 1913 pdf is incredibly slow to page compared to other larger pdfs.
By AlanC
Irv Lee wrote:why does the example (page 6) not say Nov 22nd for the expiries? (It says Nov 18th to save you looking) - if anyone bothers to change it, might be worth changing 1374 to 1385 on that page too. (NB 1385 now replaces 1374 for anyone who hasn't noticed).
Don't know why but for me the 1913 pdf is incredibly slow to page compared to other larger pdfs.

It's easier to save as a PDF and then open using a viewer - where you can see the issue is the way the background is layered up.

It also introduces yet another way of endorsing rating extensions remotely and ignores the purpose made SRG1100F - one wonders how much opportunity the author had to read the actual ORS documents mentioned.
A helpful output from CAA, and I'm pleased to see that they have adopted my briefing 'certification' wording as their example; obviously know good stuff when they see it.

One nit to pick - why, in a plain English guide is somebody writing "... before returning the scanned copy back to..."? :roll:
flybymike liked this