Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
I'm probably over thinking it or being a bit dull.....

When we look at revalidating an SEP rating that's been extended by the alleviation, are we counting back 12 months from the original expiry date of the rating plus the balance to 22nd Nov 2020? ( When someone wants to revalidate by experience). Or 12 months from 22nd November 2020?

I guess if it's the latter there will be a lot of people needing proficiency checks.

Thanks in advance...
I would say yes, the reason for the exemption is so pilots can accrue the hours for revalidation by experience if appropriate, or undergo a proficiency check if appropriate (ie it's still a revalidation not a renewal).

None of us can get in our aeroplane to build the 12 hours for revalidation by experience, nor can we fly with an instructor for the training flight, or examiner to fly a proficiency check.

The LAPL is slightly different because it uses rolling validity, I don't believe there should be any entry on the certificate of revalidation section of a LAPL. Allowing 32 months achieves broadly the same thing through alternate means.