Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Adam_R
Can someone help please?

I just came back from a flying holiday in the USA with an EASA school. I flew 15 hours PIC and 2 hours dual BFR with an instructor. My license is due for revalidation at the end of May this year.

For revalidation by experience the CAA website states:

a training flight of at least 1 hour (or a maximum of three totalling 1 hour) with the same flight instructor or class rating instructor. If you have already completed a proficiency check or skill test in another type or class of aeroplane, you will not have to complete this training flight

I meet all the other criteria, can my BFR flight with an EASA school count towards my UK PPL revalidation?

Thanks,

Adam
By PaulSS
On the back of SRG 1119E, where the examiner confirms they've checked your logbook for the requisite experience, the form asks for the "Competent Authority issuing Examiners Certificate". The fact that your examiner could write 'FAA' in there leads me to the conclusion (without reading other documents) that all will be well. There is no stipulation that it must be with an EASA/CAA examiner/instructor. Of course, you will have to get them to sign the SRG 1119E.

I would suggest your BFR in the same class of aircraft, even if it does have an 'N' on the side, is more relevant than an LPC in an airliner sim (with 'JA' on the side)..........but that seems to work okay.
Adam_R wrote:I meet all the other criteria, can my BFR flight with an EASA school count towards my UK PPL revalidation?

If the instructor is an EASA instructor, yes. He should have put his EASA licence number in your logbook.