Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
CAT4R4TTA wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Any EASA AME can do your IT EASA Medical.

It just needs to be stated on the application form that Italy is your SOLI and the AME needs to ensure the paperwork ends up with the Italian NAA (CAA equivalent)

That's the theory. Good luck with ENAC then :)

I am pretty sure that I will have done some medicals for Italian licence holders too and never yet had a problem.
JulietTango wrote:Thanks to all for your input. I'm gonna give my old instructor in CZ a call and see what he says is possible with their CAA.

I think you would be very lucky to find an instructor in one country who knows about this unless they have properly investigated before, or the country insists their own caa does everything. I would guess that very few uk instructors know a non uk easa examiner must not sign a sep reval by experience in a uk Easa ppl and would often just say "of course they can" almost automatically.
Irv Lee wrote:
JulietTango wrote:Thanks to all for your input. I'm gonna give my old instructor in CZ a call and see what he says is possible with their CAA.

I think you would be very lucky to find an instructor in one country who knows about this unless they have properly investigated before, or the country insists their own caa does everything. I would guess that very few uk instructors know a non uk easa examiner must not sign a sep reval by experience in a uk Easa ppl and would often just say "of course they can" almost automatically.

I spoke to him today and he didn't know. But I may just go over there on holiday anyway and do some flying, do my SEP reval and Medical while I am at it, and catch up with all my friends. That will give me another 2 years to sort it out (our future of EASA membership notwithstanding).
kanga liked this
This is my gripe with EASA. In theory, it should not matter, across any EASA country, who does what, for any revalidation or renewal as long as they are qualified. For some reason EASA have decided this isnt the case and have brought the whole "country of issue" thing into it. The irony is that under JAR, at least initially, that theory worked across all JAR countries. The issue right now is that each countries "interpretation" of the rules is slightly different so what works in one country may not work in another.

Good Luck, SD..
JulietTango liked this
skydriller wrote:This is my gripe with EASA. In theory, it should not matter, across any EASA country, who does what, for any revalidation or renewal as long as they are qualified. For some reason EASA have decided this isnt the case and have brought the whole "country of issue" thing into it. The irony is that under JAR, at least initially, that theory worked across all JAR countries. The issue right now is that each countries "interpretation" of the rules is slightly different so what works in one country may not work in another.

Good Luck, SD..

I don't know enough about the licensing regs interpretation by the various NAAs but if any NAA deviates from the EASA regulations it is possible to raise that with EASA standardisation department and they will sort it out by 'informing' the deviating NAA of the rules.

Indeed I had a small issue with an NAA who thought that intial medicals could only be done by NAA's 'own' AMEs.

The issue was resolved when EASA got involved.

:D
JulietTango liked this