Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
I reviewed their response again and here is specifically why it was declined

‘Applicants for a class 1 medical certificate With any of the following medical conditions shall be referred to the medical assessor of the relevant licensing authority and may be assessed as fit subject to a satisfactory ophthalmological evaluation.

(In my specific case)

(ii) Astigmatism exceeding 2.0 diopters
(iii) Anisometropia exceeding 2.0 diopters

(Now here’s the catch)

Monocular visual acuitues shall be 6/6 or better (per eye! So the threshold jumps from that 6/9 to 6/6 now...)

That is it specifically in a nut shell!
Thoughts
So having another expert in the area look at this they state it is not monocular vision 6/6 per eye as there is no hypermetropia exceeding 5.0, just astigmatism and Anisometropia exceeding 2.0 and exceptions have been made prior for other individuals as long as there is no pathology or abnormalities such as blind spots etc which there was not

So I have placed a final appeal
Flyin'Dutch', Dodo liked this
Hi all,

So- just a quick update.

I had my Class one eyesight only section on Tuesday. Sadly I do not meet the standards for class one. Disappointed but was expecting the result I got. If anyone has any questions about the examination please let me know.

For those who may read this in future and have similar concerns regarding their eyesight and meeting Class One standards I would highly recommend booking an eyesight only exam. It is a fraction of the cost of a full class one and Dr Adrian Chorley was great -very professional and friendly.

Take Care!