Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Gustosomerset
Can't seem to find an answer elsewhere, although I'm sure it's simple...or possibly not...

I started training for a fixed wing PPL many years ago, got as far as my first solo after 22 hours, then ran out of money....

Then three years ago I got my PPL(H) and now have around 200 hours P1

If I now wanted to complete my fixed wing PPL (or LAPL), what allowance, if any, do either of the above give me against either the minimum number of hours training or the exams required?
By cotterpot
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
This any help

https://www.caa.co.uk/General-aviation/ ... BPL/PPL-(A)-requirements/

PPL (A) crediting if you hold another type of licence

If you hold a pilot’s licence for another type of aircraft, except balloons, you will be credited with 10% of your total flight time as PIC up to a maximum of 10 hours. You will still need to complete 10 hours of supervised solo flight time, including at least 5 hours of solo cross country flight time with at least 1 cross country flight of at least 270 km (150 NM) that includes 2 full stop landings at an aerodrome different from the departure aerodrome as the credited flight time cannot be counted towards this requirement.
By Gustosomerset
Many thanks for that....so three questions remain:
1. Do the fixed wing hours I did 20 years ago still count towards the total I need to complete either a PPL(A) or LAPL(A) now?
2. While my PPL(H) gives me 10 hours credit against a PPL(A), I can't see anywhere what potential credit, if any, it gives me against a LAPL(A).
3. In either case do I need to re-do all of the ground exams again?