Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By WingedSupra
My mechanic is trying to get a used part from the USA (a torque tube for a Grumman Tiger) and the only one available is a recon one, which apparently has a form 337 instead of a 8130, which means it can't be used on an EASA-registered aircraft.

Has anyone been in a similar situation, and what can be done? This might make the difference between the aircraft getting repaired or written off after a hard landing.

Any help would be appreciated!