Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By 172510
I cannot find an ATO that could provide the refresher training required to revalidate my CRI. The list provided by the CAA
http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/11_2017.pdf
doesn't mention any CRI refresher training approved course, and only 2 refresher training seminar providers.
Is it possible at all to take such a refresher training as a CRI in the UK? And if yes where? If no where else?

FCL.940.CRI CRI — Revalidation and renewal
(a) For revalidation of a CRI certificate the applicant shall, within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the CRI certificate:
(...)
(2) receive refresher training as a CRI at an ATO;
By AlanC
A consequence of the structure of EASA/EU regulation is that it has become increasingly important to read AMC/GM in conjunction with the main regulation. The AMC for FCL.940.CRI contains, among other things:

The amount of refresher training needed should be
determined on a case by case basis by the ATO, taking into account the following factors:
(1) the experience of the applicant;
(2) whether the training is for revalidation or renewal;
(3) the amount of time lapsed since the last time the applicant has conducted training, in
the case of revalidation, or since the certificate has lapsed, in the case of renewal. The
amount of training needed to reach the desired level of competence should increase
with the time lapsed.

IE for a CRI without 10 hours instructing in the final 12 months of validity, or a lapsed CRI, refresher training at the discretion of the ATO should be given. The FIE carrying out revalidation of the rating (ie the admin action) is "merely" signing as verification of the ATO's activity, rather than approving the content.
Try Andrewsfield Aviation Ltd., Saling Airfield, Stebbing, Great Dunmow, Essex. CM6 3TH.
01371 856744

I recently completed my CRI at Andrewsfield with Flight Instructor Bob Gardner. Two of us on the course - the other chap from Norway. Their CFI and Head of Training, Carol Cooper, is a FIE.
A great Club which encourages GA and provides a very helpful service.
By Cookie
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Any ATO approved to conduct the EASA Class Rating Instructor course can conduct refresher training required for revalidation of your CRI certificate where you don't meet the experience requirements. Refresher training can be ground and/or flight training in accordance with AMC to FCL.940.CRI and as assessed by the ATO.

Upon completion of the refresher training, you will then need a FIE to complete the administrative process to revalidate your CRI certificate. Note that each alternate revalidation of the CRI certificate requires an Assessment of Competence to be completed with a FIE.

Also, where the CRI certificate is allowed to expire, you will be required to complete an Assessment of Competence.

Give me a call if you have any questions.

Cookie