Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
I have a CAA CPL with expired multi engine, IR and AFI ratings. The CPL expired in 2006. I am interested in renewing the CPL and the AFI. Getting the ME IR would be nice but probably too expensive.
Am I correct in thinking that to get an EASA CPL I need a valid cat one medical and a valid SEP or MEP? As I haven't flown for a few years then I guess I need to be assessed by an ATO before I can do the rating?
What about renewing my AFI, what needs to be done to get the Flight Instructor certificate?
Get a Class 1 medical, then training as required to pass a SEP renewal test (see SRG1157 for the test schedule). You could convert before the SEP is renewed, but it would be on the back of the new licence and then cost again for a reprint. You will also need language proficiency level 6 which can be done as part of the SEP renewal process.

AFI (now FI(R)) is training as required to pass a FI assessment of competence and complete a FI seminar.

Good luck - happy to advise on options for schools for some if you want