Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By Adam_R
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have a PPL(A) with a TMG rating that expired 31/08/2015 and an SEP(Land) rating that expired 31/08/2016.

Whilst flying rotary aircraft with work regularly, I have not flown SEP since July 2016 and did not get the hours required to revalidate by experience in the 12 months prior to my ratings lapsing.

My local RTF mentioned a license proficiency check, which sounds like another skills test after some (re)training.

What is the mandated amount of training time required (suggesting I am up to scratch of course) before I undertake the license proficiency check? Moreover, could the RTF instructor for the test revalidate my SEP and TMG on the same flight in an SEP?

Thanks!
By Balliol
An hour with an instructor then test with an examiner should be sufficient. You will need to do that in both TMG and SEP separately. Let me know if you need a TMG examiner as they’re aren’t that many of us around! Ps are both ratings on front of your licence still?