Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By kw1998
So, after passing my skills test 3 weeks ago, my new license arrived in the post today. All looks okay, apart from one thing. When I applied online, I also chose to apply for an FRTOL at the same time, however I don’t have any form of radiotelephony license included, and on my Pilots License, under section IX, it reads “Flight Radiotelephony Operator’s privileges: No Entries” .

Should it read something different?

Any insight would be amazing :)
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Mine is in section xii and has a two line sentence saying competence to operate r/t
Presumably you did the radio practical and sent that pass in with the ground exams?
By kingbing
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
My recently (Oct 2017) PPL license says in section XII: "The holder of this license has demonstrated competence to operate R/T equipment on board aircaft in English"

Sounds like an error.
By kw1998
Spoke to them on the phone last week. It appears the licensing officer forgot to put it on my license so they’re going to have to send me a new one. Despite this, I was given no idea as to how long it will
take.
Fairflyer5 liked this