Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Just looking for clarification of the LAPL Refresher Training. The details on the CAA Website states:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.caa.co.uk/General-aviation/ ... PL/LAPL-(A)-requirements/

Keeping your licence current, and what to do if you don’t meet the requirements
The privileges of your licence will only remain valid if you have completed, in the last 24 months, as pilot of an aeroplane or TMG:

At least 12 hours flight time as PIC, including 12 take-offs and landings; and
Refresher training of at least 1 hour of total flight time with an instructor.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is the "last 24 months" I'm not sure of:

In my case my first Refresher Training was in October 2014.
My second Refresher Training was in April 2016.
Do I have to have my Refresher Training before April 2018 or before October 2018?

My thinking is that my 24 months (Block) started with the October 2014 Refresher Training. I then fulfilled the requirement by having my Refresher Training in March 2016 even though the 24 month block did not end until October 2016.
Do I reset the start of the 24 month block to March 2016 or October 2016.

If the 24 months reset every time then the 24 month time will diminish due to have your Refresher Training before the end of the 24 months.

Any clarification would be welcome. John
By carlmeek
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
In that case, i'm almost certainly illegal. I've done everything, but not signed the log book. And log books are with the CAA to add a night rating... so this might be interesting.

Does anyone have a reference to the signature requirement? I can't find it online. Clearly my instructor nor head of training knew this.
By Irv Lee
I don't know any instructors who don't sign a log book entry for a flight as part of the paperwork post-flight... obviously they must exist! Sloppy! I suspect if you dig into one of the many EASA documents you might find some reference of logbooks, filling in thereof, (FCL, AMC, NCO, ABC, DEF, GHI, etc) but the point is, for LAPL validity, did you do a training flight of an hour or not, you are the one who would know, and you are the one who decides if you are valid legally, so have a little conversation with yourself about it. If some rent-outer decides you are not, that is his/her loss and a bit of a pain for you but little else.
By David Wood
Hey look, I'm very happy to be corrected if I'm wrong. After all, none of us have a monopoly on wisdom - and I certainly haven't. But I can't find that wording on that Obligations for Instructors - Quick Reference (unless I'm looking at a different version.....). Can you point it out to me please ak7274?

Balliol, to save me wading through 562 pages of the document you quoted, can you please point me to the relevant paragraph. Is the requirement specific to the 1hr reval flight, or is it just a general requirement?