Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By 4535jacks
I would like to get an IR(R) but don't know I can afford to prior to Apr 19. A lot of websites state that IR(R)s won't be issued after Apr 19 so what happens after this date?

Do I have to do the IR(R) training prior to Apr 19 or never get it? If I can't do the course prior to this date will I only be able to get a full IR to be able to pass through cloud and fly in IMC in class G airspace?

I plan on using a IMC/IR(R) as stepping stone to a CBIR(SEP) but find this all very confusing!
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
What sort of price are you being quoted? There may be announcements about an easawide Basic I/R in the coming months, but I would be surprised if it in the same ballpark as an the current uk imcr /irr for cost. Guess which way. If you intend to eventually get a full I/r maybe that doesn't matter.
By 4535jacks
Less than £1500 not including approach fees as my club is very cheap (RAF club). However I have just bought a share in a cub and I am currently paying for a night rating and need to convert LAPL to PPL.

Some people on Facebook were suggesting that the Apr 19 deadline had been removed and that I could still train for an IR(R) after this date and use the 15 hours of training towards a CBIR.
By Matth1542
4535jacks wrote:Less than £1500 not including approach fees as my club is very cheap (RAF club). .

I need to train at your club cheapest i can find is £3500 + landing fees