Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By ukbikerpilot
Good Evening all, Just found this forum through a google search,
I recently passed my conversion training and tests for the SSEA rating for my current NPPL (A), I’m just filling in the relevant paperwork as required....am I right in thinking that you can send the SSEA conversion paperwork and LAPL paperwork to have my licence instantly converted to LAPL? Or do I need to convert to SSEA first then reapply for the LAPL privileges separately once I have received my SSEA rating through the post?

On a separate matter, once holding the LAPL, Will my NPPL (A) remain current too? As I still enjoy flying the original training plane (c42), I’m aware microlight hours as PIC don’t count towards revalidation of a LAPL as is the same for PIC hours in LAPL type aircraft revalidating for the NPPL (A)

I wish I had someone to sit down with me/ or phone call help for this paperwork exercise
By ukbikerpilot
Thanks man...currently buzzing!.
Will be flying GA types out of enstone, And microlight (c42) out of a small strip near Swindon.
So am I right in thinking, Send off the ssea conversion paperwork and on receipt of the new rating I should then reapply for it to convert to LAPL? I was worried I’d lose my NPPL (a) rating on the microlight
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
No you lose nothing. The beauty is on nppl you can combine hours. So you only need to do one microlight hour if you have 11 ssea or t'other way round, or mix in any higher combination. The first time you ask for both to be revalidated and you still get the two line entry separately but they both have same end date. (Two years from first to expire when you ask)
Lapl
As ssea paperwork goes to laa first you ought to ask them if you can submit lapl conversion with it. As long as ssea is issued by caa before 8/4/18, theory is end date for getting a lapl goes away, we are told.
By kanga
ukbikerpilot wrote:Good Evening all, Just found this forum through a google search,
I recently passed my conversion training and tests..

congratulations and welcome :thumright:

[as your avatar name suggests you are a biker, I hopeyou knew that the world's first motor scooter was a Gloster Aircraft Company product, and that a fully restored and road-legal one may be seen at an aircraft museum on an airfield not far from your two bases ? Not my place to mention its name, though :oops: ]