Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Hello, everyone.
Could you, please, infom why if you want to buy and operate a helicopter for China it need to be EASA certified. As I know China isn't Europe. The thing is that our company is going to buy some KA32A11BC for FF (fire fighting) and SAR for China. We have found some here https://avia-angel.com/helicopters-for-sale/ka-32/. BUT they say that old helicopters, say 1993 YOM, cannot be used be there (in China) but only new aircraft because they are not EASA certified.
BUT you see the price for a new one is almost two times bigger. And we cannot afford it. And the Aviation Committee of China doesn't allow to import helicopters without EASA.
And EASA is European Aviation Safety Agency. China is not Europe. So I don't understand the reason. :?
I'm guessing it may be a pragmatic way whereby the Chinese authorities can effectively 'outsource' the safety evaluation of older types proposed for commercial operation within China to a reliable and trusted external authority, and at the potential expense of the proposing operator. I'm further guessing that this may be principally aimed against older Soviet designs, some of which have had 'variable' safety records in service both within and outside the former USSR, including within China. If so, it seems very sensible!