Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
Hey everyone!

I'm trying to get this paperwork done so that I can update my address with the CAA. It seems pretty straight forward (compared to the licence application anyway!) but I wonder if I could ask a few questions from those who have done this before?

Section 3 - Particulars of Licences Held
- Expiry date - my EASA licence says 'valid for the holder's lifetime' so should I just put 'N/A - valid for life' or something like that? I know that my SEP rating will expire but there's a separate section for that.

Section 4 - Ratings Held
Examiner's Licence Number - on the ratings page of my licence there's a column for 'Examiner's Certificate Number' and it's stamped in with a 5-character number in the format 'CAAxxxxx'. Should I put this? Or the ATO number of my skills test examiner? Or do I need to actually ask my skills test examiner for the number printed on his licence?

Finally, if I don't use the secure courier service, the cost for an address change should be £0, right?

Thanks for helping me out with this, hopefully won't need to wrangle with it again for a good few years after this change!
By Cookie
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Expiry date - my EASA licence says 'valid for the holder's lifetime' so should I just put 'N/A - valid for life' or something like that?

Yes, N/A will work just fine.

Examiner's Licence Number - on the ratings page of my licence there's a column for 'Examiner's Certificate Number' and it's stamped in with a 5-character number in the format 'CAAxxxxx'. Should I put this?

Yes.

Finally, if I don't use the secure courier service, the cost for an address change should be £0, right?

Yes, it will be free providing no other change(s). Don't forget to include a certified copy of your Certificate of Revalidation and photo ID.

https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-indust ... r-licence/

Cookie
george7378 liked this